Help Your Dad Stage His Home for Sale this Father’s DayPosted Friday, June 13, 2014
It’s always difficult to find the perfect gift for your father to express how much he means to you. However, this Father’s Day, with just a little bit of money, effort and time, you can show your father you care by helping him stage his home for sale.
While fathers might be good at fixing broken appliances and taking care of lawns, most are uninterested in making a house feel welcoming. Below are five inexpensive ways to give a little back to your dad and help him stage his home for sale so it sells faster.
- Evict the pack rat. Decluttering and cleaning should go without saying. While this personal issue might be touchy, your father will thank you later. Be strong and carry on.
- Replace kitchen hardware. Your father has a good point when he says, “Those drawer pulls work perfectly fine.” However, you can give a kitchen an immediate facelift with modern hardware that is easy to install.
- Display fresh cut flowers. Whether from your garden or the supermarket, place flowers around the house, especially when it is being shown. The scent and beauty of the flowers will make rooms feel brighter and cause potential buyers to smile.
- Fluff up the bathrooms. Again, most men don’t seem to notice the dingy bathmat or pilled towels. Buy a set of fluffy, new towels and bathmats to put out when buyers are walking through. It’ll make your dad’s bathroom feel fresh and clean. And he can take the towels and bathmats with him to his new place.
- Add a pop of color. If your dad’s house feels a little drab, find some inexpensive throw pillows, blankets or picture frames to give each room a memorable note.
With a little bit of time and money, you can give your dad the perfect Father’s Day gift. If you’d like more information on how to stage a home for sale, please call or email me.