5 Tips for Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
Posted Thursday, June 26, 2014
Most property owners getting ready to sell their home understand the importance of cleaning, de-cluttering, updating and staging in order to make a quick sale. However, there are also many other steps you can take to ensure your home appeals to potential buyers, draws them in and seals the deal.
Below are five tips to help you not only get your house in tip-top shape, but also make it extremely marketable:
- Find a good real estate agent. While many people think they can sell their home themselves and save money, they’re wrong. Relying on a professional’s expertise and experience has been proven to net you a bigger profit — and definitely reduce your stress and frustration.
- Clean and de-clutter. While this goes without saying, we’re going to reiterate it anyway. Make sure your home is spotless and depersonalized. You also might want to consider hiring a staging professional to make it inviting and memorable.
- Have your home inspected. Many sellers are getting their property pre-inspected so they can head off any potential deal breakers. If an inspector finds a major issue, you might want to hold off putting the home on the market until you get it fixed.
- Offer a home warranty. Especially if you have an older home, you should consider sweetening the deal with this tempting proposition. While you know your water heater works perfectly fine, today’s buyers want everything new and might be wary of used appliances. So, set their minds at ease, even if it’s just for a year.
- Develop a marketing strategy. Utilize your real estate agent and come up with a solid plan for marketing your home. Whether listing just on the web or also in local classifieds, you want to make sure as many eyes as possible see your home.
Don’t jump into the market without doing your homework! Follow these five tips and you’ll be on the way to setting up your home for a quick sale.
If you’d like more strategies for getting your home in order before putting it up for sale, please call email me for more information.